With the staff and the facilities at the purpose-built KRC, you can enjoy keeping fit – members and casual visitors. If you want to focus on you, your health and your fitness, the Kew Recreation Centre is the place to be.
Centre Opening Hours
|Monday - Friday
||6.00am - 9.30pm
||6.00am - 8.00pm
||8.00am - 8.00pm
Convenient location: 383 High Street, Kew
Taking public transport?
Route 48 and 24: North Balwyn- New Quay Docklands/City (both of these trams travel along High Street and stop in front of Kew Recreation Centre.
Route 42 and 109: Box Hill - Victoria Harbour/Port Melbourne (Both trams travel along High Street and Cotham Rd).
- Get off at kew Junction and walk east on Hight Street for about 8-10 minutes.
- Get off at Cotham Road and Glenferrie Road and walk north up Mary Street for about 5 minutes, then cross High St.
Route 16: Melbourne University - Kew via St Kilda Beach
- This tram route finishes at the intersection of Glenferrie and Cotham Roads. From there walk north up Mary Street for about 5 minutes, then cross High St.
The Kew Recreation Centre is owned by the City of Boroondara and is managed by the YMCA. The YMCA is the leader in Community and Recreation facility management. The facilities on offer are vast and we cater for people of all ages and all levels of fitness.
- Three great pools including a learn-to-swim pool;
- A Health Club on two levels with tonnes of floor space and a great range of equipment;
- A cycle studio with heaps of cycle bikes;
- Cardio fitness rooms;
- A modern sports medicine area; and
- A café.
The facility also has a first class health clinic on site that offers exercise physiologist, massage and physiotherapy.
The KRC is very well equipped to cater for people of all abilities including a lift to access the Group Fitness Rooms.
- 146 accessible car spaces
- chair lift for access to the upstairs group fitness room
- platform / ramp for entering warm water pool
- accessible pool entry hoist
- six accessible change rooms including change beds
When you work on your fitness at the Kew Recreation Centre, you use only first class and safe equipment that is especially chosen to give you the best possible results.
Plus, our friendly staff members are highly qualified and they have the experience to hep you reach your training goals – whatever they may be. Our staff know that they are there for you.
And another great benefit? Heaps of free parking for everyone.
Find out more about the facilities at the centre in the Discover section, or come in.