Your child’s safety is imperative in everything we do, especially in and around water. In every activity, in every lesson and in every level we always have water safety front of mind.
Did you know that you can play a part in this too?
Here are some things that you can do to help us keep your child safe in and around the water:
Never distract a swim teacher
- If you have a question or if you’re running late; check in with Customer Service or a teacher in charge. Never distract a swim teacher. They need to be 100% focused on the children in their care at all times.
Ensure your child always wears their wristband
- This helps our lifeguard identify who is who and keep a watchful eye on all patrons – but remember; your child is your focus.
Participate in Water Safety Week
- At this very valuable stage in the curriculum; now is not the time to take the kids out of lessons! This is where they will learn vital lifesaving skills.
Follow the ‘Watch Around Water’ guidelines
- Children under 5 should be in arms reach at all time
- Children aged 5 to 10 should be directly in your sight (no reading materials in between you and your child, please).
Rug up in winter
- Ensure your children are dressed appropriately for the weather outside. In the winter we recommend shoes and socks (not thongs) beanies to cover wet hair and warm jumpers / jackets.
- Please be nearby when the lesson has finished so that you can greet and collect your child as they exit the water.
- As children under the age of 10 are required to be supervised by an adult at all times, parents and guardians must stay near the lesson. Please make yourself visible to the teacher so they know they can call on you for any assistance or to accompany your child to the bathroom if needed.